A fortnightly go-to for us, weeknight meals don’t get much simpler than this. If you keep a few tins of beans in your cupboard, you’ll always have a meal.
We either cook the beans in stock, like this recipe, or we add tomatoes, spices and herbs. I’ll post the tomato beans version later. A similar version to this creamy bean recipe can also be found in a feature that I wrote for Coast Magazine.
Takes 10 mins to make and 15 mins to cook
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed or finely chopped
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground paprika, or a large pinch of cayenne for extra spice
- 3 tins x 400g cannelini beans, drained and washed
- 2 -3 empty tins vegetable stock
- fresh thyme
- 100g chorizo